Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last week at home

Hey fellow brass peoples.
This is Jon after the huge storm on Sunday night. Poor guy has to fix up all the deck furniture. It'll be good work for him to do!

So this will probably be the last post I do at home so I'm going to make sure that you guys talk to me about what you need from me before I leave.

First thing is that we make sure to contact all of our squads and talk to them especially about DCI. That will be coming up quick! It's a little over a month away and it would be really nice to have as many brass players there as possible (especially rookies!!).

Also make sure that you are staying healthy and hydrated for the remainder of the summer. On a day like today especially when the air quality is very poor, be extra sure to take care of yourself. It would not be fun to have to sit on the sidelines during band camp and have to miss learning drill.

Lastly, make sure that you keep checking the blogs for updates. Music will be coming out really soon. Once you get that, practice it often. It would be awesome to be able to play through some of the music during the week of band camp. That will also help us learn drill faster.

Thanks for doing all this stuff!

PS: IF YOU PLAY BARITONE, and do not have an instrument, contact me THIS WEEK so I can get it to you before I leave for Europe. Email me at jon.minnick1@gmail.com

- Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment